A collection of great short film and video from around the web.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Spoon Is Too Big

Don Hertzfeld's Rejected cartoons are on YouTube.



I saw these for the first time 7 or 8 years ago as part of Spike & Mike's Sick & Twisted Animation Festival, and I can still crack myself up by announcing that "I am a banana!" in a high-pitched voice.

In interesting sociological developments, last night my roommate + a date watched these online. They've also been watching Dr. Horrible together. Not sitting in the living room and watching the TV, but sitting next to the computer watching things on YouTube. On a date. Television as an art form is very much alive (as I count down the days to The Office premiere), but television as form of delivering content is dead or dying. This is what the writer's strike was all about.

1 comment: